Sunday, October 4, 2009

Feeling strangely in control today

Going back to work after a total of seven days off, and even though I'm still battling bronchitis I feel empowered to return to work and resume a somewhat normal life.

I'm extremely proud of the fact that while I was compromised by the sickness, I maintained my commitment to remain sugar free. And today I feel stronger and bolder than I have before... that I really can maintain this new healthier eating lifestyle.

It seemed unthinkable before - like a lifetime without the things I've always counted upon to boost my mood or hide my pain wasn't really within my capability.

But today as I scanned through Twitter and could find myself not even tempted by the food enjoyment others were chatting about, it made me realize that slowly and surely these new eating patterns were paying off. I now want the things that benefit my body, rather than yearn for those things that will do nothing more than make things that much harder for me.

I feel *healthier*, even despite being sick.

It gives me great hope I can get everything else in order too.

Which is the next order of business...

But more about that tomorrow.

No comments: