Friday, October 9, 2009

Protein... Breakfast of Champions

It dawned on me yesterday that having a protein based breakfast really does help me eat less during the day. During my flu, I was eating oatmeal with raisins, and I found myself more peckish throughout the day.

Yesterday I had some scrambled egg with cheese and veggies in a high fiber wrap, and was able to manage hunger a lot better.

The only problem with this so far is that the protein based breakfast foods I buy, like eggs and peanut butter, are kid magnets. Now that my oldest has returned home, a dozen eggs can be gone in a matter of days. Don't even get me started on the peanut butter.

Thankfully I can deal with that problem fairly effectively with some shrewd shopping choices.

At least it's a start.

As for the exercise I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start whether I'm completely over my cough or not. I'll just have to start slow. So that'll be my goal today. I'm putting it here so I can't make any excuses and back out of it.

Accountability - the most powerful tool in a healthy lifestyle change.

No comments: