Sunday, June 7, 2009

Yesterday was a bust.

At least as far as health goals go. I didn't work out, didn't get my water in - I ate sort of within my calorie range (went over by 33 calories) but way overdid the fat.

I have been on this strange sleeping schedule which means I get maybe four, five hours of sleep in one cycle, and then later get a nap of three to four hours, usually in the early afternoon.

Yesterday I was busy at my son's commencement ceremony and so I was so tired by the time I got home I fell asleep on the sofa. Hubby prepared something quick and easy, which ended up being one of those cheap pizzas, and then I went straight to bed.

I also managed the weigh in. Officially it was 319 pounds and 7 ounces - which wasn't as low as I wanted needless to say but I couldn't quite gripe. The circumstances for the weigh in weren't ideal but they usually never are - so I'm taking it for what it is.

It's a start, that's all it is.

Since I had so many other good things to focus on, it was easy to take it in stride much more than I had dreaded I wouldn't.

It helped that it was such a monumental day full of pride and accomplishment. It would have been impossible to feel sorry for myself and be that self centered on a day so wonderful for my child.

Although he isn't a child anymore. He's a man. A high school graduate, living on his own - a good, decent, responsible person that I helped guide from infanthood.

Makes stuff like eating a handful of extra calories or a less than perfect weigh in seem minor in comparison.

Truth is, I can learn something from my son. As someone with learning disabilities, these past many school years have been a really challenging road that - no matter how many times he stumbled - he refused to give up trying to conquer.

And conquer he did.



So that inspires me. The road I have to walk is just as challenging but as long as I never give up on that ultimate goal - I will be able to have my moment "graduating" into the person I always wanted to be.

So thank you, Tim, for teaching me once again that nothing is impossible to the person who believes and never gives up.

1 comment:

Jefftexas said...

Congrats to both of you!!! I hope your blister heals up fast so you can get back on the horse, um, treadmill!