Monday, June 15, 2009

Sidelined once again by the Sacroiliac

For a good chunk of my life I've dealt with debilitating back pain that was finally diagnosed as S.I. Dysfunction a couple of years ago, after losing time off of work being unable to perform basic functions due to severe lower back pain.

Well as I was laying down on my bed yesterday, one of my dogs landed square on that sensitive part of my back and launched, full weight, right back off of it.

I've been sidelined from normal activities ever since.

Not to say I haven't tried. I shampooed the carpets and went grocery shopping at two different stores, but it led to my needing my heavier pain pills in order to get any relief last night to sleep.

Today, I started my day and tried to get some minor chores done, but the pain has gotten progressively worse during the day. I'm going to manage the pain with some Ibuprofen to take care of the swelling that is no doubt causing the majority of my pain.

Tonight I will go down to work on the treadmill - at a lower level - and try to keep up my exercise regimen albeit a little less intense until I work through this pain.

From my physical therapy for this condition I know that inactivity is not an option even though pain is a great motivator for such. But I'm not going to push myself and really end up bed bound because I have no way to get any other treatment due to a lack of insurance.

I really need to get in the pool to learn low impact exercises that can help me burn calories, because staying this weight is not going to help this condition at all.

I'm not giving up, just modifying.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: