Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Still in limbo, but hanging in.

Yesterday I took my dog Winston for a walk at the park since the weather was so nice, which was a nice change of pace from the treadmill. I didn't work out as long or as intensely, but I still am glad I got moving again. I feel the difference in my body too, which is great.

I'm having a really difficult time managing sleep. I'm not sleeping well at all. I sleep for a few hours and then I'm up, no matter how little of sleep I've had or how tired I am.

Last night I broke down and took a pill to help me sleep, and I got two of these "naps" close together, but already I'm fading and in need of another nap.

I'm of the mind I should listen to my body and let it sleep when it can, but it's playing hell on my exercise routine. I just need to get in the habit of doing it first thing when I get up, and maybe that will help all those other issues too by letting me sleep better when I do, in fact, sleep.

I am still soda free, and for the most part it has been a lot less painless than I feared. I'm wondering if quitting caffeine cold turkey has anything to do with my sleeplessness.

At this rate anything is possible.

I haven't been eating as well, but the good news is my body is actually craving things that are good for me like vegetables and especially fruit.

Probably because without sodas I'm indulging my sugar fixation naturally... and I consider that a huge step in the right direction.

So my goal at the moment is to try and get my sleep schedule more regular and get that exercise in.

I just need to accept I can't do it all once no matter how much I'd like to.

Progress, not perfection.

No comments: